Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 August 2011

This one gave me the giggles while I was writing it up!

I had a very brief dream that my friend Jules was staying with me, but it was in a holiday cottage where the bedrooms and bathroom were downstairs.  I went into the bathroom after her and realised that she had left her teeth behind.

I hadn't realised that she had removable teeth and she explained that it was a crown.  I have two crowns myself and as I saw her put the removable teeth back in I realised how gorgeous they were and I felt annoyed that my dentist hadn't made mine like that.

That was the entire dream.  I woke up with a numb arm and took ages to get back off again, but when I did I think the teeth theme must have been on my mind because.....

I dreamt that I was in a dentist waiting room.  Bizarrely... although I was in a dentist waiting room I was very surprised to be called to see the dentist (who incidentally wasn't my dentist at all but a younger, paler Morgan Freeman).  I was sat there eating huge handfuls of chewy sweets so I asked the receptionist if I could please have 5 minutes to go clean my teeth.

She said it was no problem, so I went into a changing room and tried to clean my teeth with someone's sports kit, but all that happened was that more and more chunks of tuna kept falling out of my mouth!

I decided I should sit in there for a while to see if my mouth somehow got clean.  I suddenly thought that something about my clothing wasn't right and I could see pale skin in the corner of my eye.
I realised with horror that my right arm and breast were completely out and naked!  I saw that three people I worked with were there and trying not to look and I was mortified with embarrassment!

I put my clothing back as it should be and my whole family were suddenly there with me.

My sister was sat next to me and was being incredibly annoying!  She was clearly very drunk and kept falling on to me and trying to sleep, leaning on my shoulder.

My parents were walking out so I decided to follow them.  They appeared to be moving impossibly fast so I had to run to keep up.  We left the building we were in, and got to a short row of houses that put me in mind of Bryngwyn Road in Pontypool, but nicer.

Despite running, I lost sight of my parents and as I headed back, I noticed the sun was just rising.  It was a most incredible orangey red with silhouettes of an impressive cityscape in the foreground - it looked like a mixture of London, Liverpool and New York.

I tried to find my camera but before I could find it, the sun was up and shining brightly and everything looked ordinary, grey and dirty.

I got back to the building to find it was a completely different building. 

It was like a huge canteen with glass walls (mostly french doors) surrounded by decking which was rotting.  The whole building was elevated so it was clear that if you did fall through the rotting decking you would fall a long way and most certainly die.  Despite this I had to walk on it to get to a large 4x4 vehicle so I hopped around and just ran in a slightly mad fashion hoping if I was quick enough I wouldn't fall through.

I got to the car but it just locked me in and went backwards on its own.  An invisible force stopped my foot reaching the brake but even when I eventually fought it and pressed the brake hard, it didn't work and the vehicle got faster and faster, swerved round a corner and hit a parked car.

Alarms were going off everywhere, so I ran away!

I got to a shop which was a charity or second hand shop I think.  I walked to the back of a shop where a woman was sorting out a huge pile of random items, all of which were blue.  I tried to tell anyone that would listen that I had dreamt this exact scenario the day before but no one would listen!

The woman was trying to sell me as many of the items as she could.  They all turned into cushions and I said I didn't need any blue cushions but as she picked them up they turned into other items and were no longer blue.

One item was a weird thing which you had to attach to the corner of a room - one bit on one wall and the other bit on the other wall of the corner.  One bit was a knitted children's picture and the other was a pocket but it had a hole in the bottom.  She was telling us it would look great in the spare room.

Then she held a scarf which was tomes of pink and brown.  As she held it to my face, my face went an alarming bright orangey pink colour and turned into a cartoon.  She shook her head and said it didn't suit me.

I suddenly realised I was drinking a cup of tea with a dead orange fat spider in it and announced that I had been drinking the same cup of tea since 1989!

No comments: