Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Frustration followed by excitement!

I was living with my parents (bit of a nightmare frankly) and we were in the process of moving house. 

The removal van was all ready to go when I suddenly realised that I hadn't packed away any of my stuff. All I had to put things in was a small collection of used carrier bags. 

I was racing around trying to pile things into the carrier bags but unsurprisingly I didn't get very far very quickly and no one helped me, choosing instead to stand around watching me and tutting impatiently. 

The amount of my stuff seemed to be increasing rather than decreasing and the pile of filled carrier bags had all toppled over with the contents all over the floor. 

In short, I was getting nowhere fast!

I then woke up and had a second dream which was a bit more exciting! 

I was in a large old house with my dad. We were on a sort of treasure hunt but with cryptic clues. Each room had a  weird circular thing which I shall attempt to describe!

Imagine a short rotary clothes drier, but instead of the spokes coming out with washing line attached, there was a rusty metal ring which independently held itself in mid air around the central pole. 

Hanging off the ring were white fabric drawstring sacks with dollar signs on. They were all identical but our challenge was to find the sack containing a+b squared. (!?)

The challenge was timed and if we didn't find the right sack in time, the whole house would explode.  We were only allowed three wrong attempts or on the fourth wrong one the house would, again, explode. 

We didn't know what the time limit was either but we had the constant sound of a ticking clock and a man's voice counting up the minutes. 

We raced around trying to solve complex cryptic clues and this went on for some time as we went room to room not knowing how long we had. 

Then.....something dawned on us and we knew which sack was the right one. As we realised, and started to head for the right room the voice started counting down from ten and all the lights in the house started flashing red!

We had a quick panicky discussion about whether we had time to get to the sack and safely out before the countdown finished but we were too panicky to decide so I just went for it. He was on 4 when I got the sack off and I ran and ran getting out through the front door as he got to 1!

We both just got a few metres clear of the house when the whole thing exploded and we were thrown some distance with flames close behind us!!

Eventually everything was quiet and calm again and we hugged each other despite both being hot and filthy. 

I opened the sack and there was a small woman in there. She said she'd been on the waiting list ages and was really angry it had taken so long. 

She told me she had a lump at the base of her spine and I quickly diagnosed ME (!?)

She thanked me and a cloud above us started to rain gold coins as our prize!!

No comments: