Total Pageviews

Friday 22 July 2011

Where's that lovely old lady from number 45 when I need her...? :-/

The first bit of my dream is a bit vague now as I woke up between dreams but didn't jot it down. 

All I remember is that once again I was involved in an episode of Doctor Who, where he was running around in a factory / warehouse, trying to find a dragon. At the same time the dragon was trying to find him. 

As an observer I could see them both. The whole warehouse was made up of rows and rows of tall shelving that seemed to go for miles. Like an extra large B&Q. 

The whole thing was set out like a maze however and a cubicle of toilets kept moving around to fool them that they had reached the back wall when they hadn't. 

They were both wasting so much energy and I walked away knowing that they'd never find each other. 

In the next dream, I was in another factory. This time it was my Dad's. I was helping him out by delivering a window and I had to drive a huge articulated lorry. 

I'd never driven one before and I had to do a hill start!  Also, the pedals were about a quarter of the size of normal pedals and weren't in the right order!

It seemed impossible but my dad just got cross with me for not trying so I got in and had a go. 

There were unfamiliar buttons, knobs and levers everywhere and somehow I got it to start moving, very slowly uphill. 

Another lorry was parked on the road in front of me so I drove around it but it turned out he was just about to set off so he ended up right behind me, going nuts that I was going so slowly. 

I tried to change gear but the pedals were tiny and the brake was where the clutch should be. The man behind was screaming horrible personal abuse at me and I felt very stressed. 

Eventually I got to the top of the hill and once I was going downhill it was a lot easier. I picked up speed and didn't dare use the brake as the lorry behind was almost touching and he was still yelling at me. 

I went through red lights, over roundabouts without slowing and had to beep at people to get out of the way. It was very scary and dangerous!

I got to where I was headed and pulled over. The other lorry driver almost hit me, but just narrowly avoided it, driving away from me even faster, still shouting and yelling at me. 

I was relieved to have made it and got out of the cab, only to find my legs were so shaky that I couldn't stand up. 

I looked for someone to help me and saw a few people I knew including some that were friends, but they all told me they didn't have time for me and pushed my hand away as I reached out to them. 

A car pulled up. It was my (late) father in law. He told me he was very annoyed at having to come out to fetch me and shouted at me to get in. 

I got in as quickly as I could and he immediately started criticising me, telling me I didn't know how to put a seatbelt on properly, that I took too long to sit down, that my leg was in the wrong place and that I had too many freckles. 

I noticed my dad and my husband in the back but they just mumbled in agreement at what a nuisance I was and apologised for me. 

I sat there staring out, thinking I'd rather be on my own than constantly surrounded by people that clearly didn't want me there, but I didn't know where to go, so I sat there stroking a rabbit that I found in the glove compartment and it made me feel a bit better!

No comments: