Total Pageviews

Monday 18 July 2011

Crime and punishment...

The dream last night had a real feeling of fantasy about it - hard to explain!  It started with me observing a perfect family. You had a sense that they were all lovely people but were also victims of circumstance.  They had the most beautiful home but it was tiny.  A real two up, two down with tiny rooms, but all immaculate and stunningly beautifully decorated.  I somehow knew that they had always known it wouldn't last.

They were being thrown out of their home and I could feel their pain at having to leave.  It was really sad.  They cycled off into the sunset as their home was boarded up and only the little girl looked back.

Then I turned to my friend Lauren, both of us feeling sad and we both got in a car and drove away.  Things kept going wrong with the car so we kept stopping at garages to get it fixed.  Each time the mechanic told us exactly what to do to fix it and we did exactly as we were told.

In one garage, the mechanic died while he was fixing the car, but another took over and said it wasn't our fault.

At one garage, the mechanic got suspicious at how often the car was going wrong and phoned the police.  We didn't think we had done anything wrong as we had just done as we were told, but then we thought maybe we should have questioned some of the things and we panicked.

We decided to run away so we set off running as fast as we could.  The mechanics were very close behind us and we ended up getting separated.  We were running around up and down complex sets of staircases with doors, corridors and stairs coming off stairs which you would start going up then realise suddenly you were actually going down.

I was aware that we were in both the Millennium Stadium and St David's Chapel in Pontypool at the same time.  I jumped over a wall and this somehow got me into a different dimension which meant the mechanic was no longer right behind me and I got to a space, where I could stop to catch my breath for a moment.  

I saw Lauren looking for me and pulled her in so we could rest a minute.

We knew we couldn't really get away and thought the best option was to give ourselves up so we started to walk round the corner to the Police station, although it was a mixture of a leisure centre and Aberystwyth Art Centre.  We started to walk in when Clare appeared.  She gave us some tips on surviving in prison as she had been in herself (!) and we went in to the Police Station which turned out to be a library.  

We thought we might get into a bit of trouble and spend a few days in prison but then we were charged with the murder of the mechanic that died fixing the car.

Suddenly we were actually in prison on remand and I was in a cell with a married couple.  They were asking me about what books I had read recently.  There followed a very silly and confusing conversation about a book which was either called 'Fences' or 'Fenced' and based on which one it actually was, this woman prisoner either approved or got very very angry!

I was then moved into my permanent cell which turned out to be a house share with my husband and another couple.  The house was ancient.  A very old stone building that was falling down.  It only had one floor but the vaulted beamed ceiling was very high.  The house was split vertically and one side was a mirror image of the other side.  We had one side per couple.

We were all chatting when the roof started to collapse near the outside wall.  It started with little black bits falling down and then the whole thing crumbled.  We all ran to the back of the house.

It seemed to settle so we carried on as usual, then the other couple's shelf went soggy and completely gave way with all their electrical items falling to the ground smashing.  I ran to our shelf and felt that it was also soggy and starting to give way.  I held it up and shouted to my husband to help me.

He ran over with a new shelf that was strong but nowhere near as deep.  He somehow replaced the shelf without removing any of the items on it, but the DVD recorder wouldn't fit so we had to plug that in inside the fridge!  We felt very pleased with ourselves but then we got into trouble because it turned out, the crumbling shelf was part of the punishment.

As it was me that had held it up, I was sent to solitary confinement, except it wasn't that solitary!  There was someone else in there waiting for me.

I'm afraid the dream becomes X rated at this point so I cannot record the rest of it here!

No comments: