Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Back to dreaming ways...

I was in 'my house' which wasn't anything like my house of course. My friend Julie was there with her mother and her auntie. 

I'd made them all a lunch of grass sandwiches and a drink of tea but none of them ate/drank it so I told them to help themselves in the obvious kitchen. 

Julie and I were off out and I asked her to help me buy some brown trousers for Saturday. We were just going out when Julie saw that 'helicopter heroes' was on and didn't want to miss it, but I said I'd record it and did so by putting on green overalls, then removing them again. 

We went out but I ended up on my own at a conference/meeting in a hotel. I was aware that Gwyn was in the room and that he'd see what I really looked like but I was resigned to it, so just let out a huge sigh that made everyone look at me. 

He walked past loudly talking about room 145 and I was aware I had the key to that room (no idea how) so I thought maybe he wanted me to go there to talk in private. 

It took me a while to find it and when I did he was with someone else, so I crept away so as not to disturb them and went to buy lunch. I was with Julie again and we went into a pub. Gwyn was in there too and followed us out but Julie told him it was too late now because I had to go back to work. 

I looked back at him feeling sorry I hadn't had a chance to meet him properly. 

I did go back to work and my sister was there auditing my leave card. 

I showed her that everything was signed and in order. Each day's leave had a blue postal stamp alongside it with Gwyn's head on it. 

I then noticed that I had two days' leave in one day on the 19th which meant I could go home.  

As I sat there about to leave 'M' came up behind me and put his arms round me. 

I realised he was here for work and that this was our first ever meeting but didn't find it odd. I asked him if he was working or going home that afternoon and he said neither. 

I asked him if he wanted to spend the afternoon with me and maybe go for a drink. There was a short silence before he simply said 'no'. 

There was then a very long silence before he said he'd remembered he was working after all. 

I clearly realised this was an excuse and thought it was a shame as I knew we'd be unlikely to ever meet again, but I just sighed, said ok and walked off to go home. 

I bumped into my husband on the way and was disturbed to notice he was wearing a patchwork suit. It was different shades of blue and grey.  He said he was going to a funeral but I said he couldn't go dressed like that. 

We were back in the original hotel and I was trying to find him something to wear on a rail of clothes.  In the end I selected an ironing board for him to wear. 

Back in the conference room someone was speaking about a stupid woman looking for brown trousers and I realised it was about me. 

I walked in and everyone turned and laughed. I realised I'd had no trousers or skirt on all day and felt very cross that I hadn't checked earlier. 

No comments: