Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 June 2011

Weddings, weirdness and wisdom...

This time it's Richard that is the star of my dream.....sorry Rich!

So in the dream, Richard had agreed to come and stay and I was clearly taking him in the car. 

Then we were in a hotel room which was very basic. I didn't want to unpack because the room bored me and upon hearing a commotion we went to the room opposite where a collection of unusual people were staying. 

Their room was much bigger and nicer and it turned out they were being kicked out so we could have their room. 

We went to get our luggage while I explained to Richard why it was so much better (it looked exactly the same). 

While we were moving luggage however, I remembered I had a flat so we went back to the car. 

As I was driving I was telling Richard about my wedding. About all the traditional things we hadn't done and why. Richard asked why we hadn't had the usual evening disco/buffet and I was explaining this as we got out of the car and walked into a building where someone's evening disco/buffet was taking place on their wedding day. 

I turned to Richard and just looked at him. He looked around slowly then looked at me and just said 'I see'. I nodded, happy that he understood. 

As we walked across the large room someone from work (PD) tapped me on the shoulder. He said that he and his husband had been enjoying themselves but I'd stopped them from doing a special dance. He was very upset with me. 

I said I had no recollection and no idea what he was talking about but that I was sorry. He was especially upset because he'd painted himself brown for it. His husband came over and thanked me. He said that in fact, they'd been making fools of themselves so he was grateful I'd stopped it. 

This sparked an argument between them so I left them to it. 

Richard and I got to the door to my flat. Behind it was another door which was clearly a public toilet cubicle and was engaged. 

We had to wait for the person to come out before we could walk through the cubicle and into my flat. 

The flat was small, white, bright and fairly empty. It was also very cold. It was obvious there was very strong air conditioning on. Two people appeared in the flat so I asked them to turn it down a bit. 

They scuttled off and I apologised to Richard for the temperature. The aircon (which was like a strong wind) started to ease and the music outside slowed down at the same time. I apologised to Richard again saying how crap it was all turning out. 

As the music got back to normal speed the strong wind returned but this time it blasted us with heat. 

I shouted about it being one extreme or the other. I was getting very annoyed and asked Richard to come into the kitchen as it might be better there and there would be tea. (PM T Mr H?)

As we finally drank tea and everything seemed better, Richard told me that he wasn't staying and never could. He had only come to make sure I'd learnt a valuable life lesson. 

I asked what it was but he just stared at me and wouldn't speak. Once he finished his tea he waved his hands around in a meaningful but puzzling way and promptly disappeared. 

I noticed that the kitchen was no longer attached to the flat but was a shed at the bottom of a beautiful sunny garden. I went out into the garden. It looked, smelt and felt wonderful. I turned around to lock the front door then as I turned back my smile collapsed. 

The garden was now dark, rainy, muddy, uneven with building materials and rubbish and filled with nettles and brambles. The shed had gone and I was stuck there. I also noticed I only had a short night shirt on and bare feet.  

I realised that I had ignored the life lesson and now I was stuck with the consequences. It seemed impossible to get out but I suddenly realised I was in bed and that there was a dead mouse on the carpet at the foot of the bed. 

Somehow this made everything ok and I sat sipping tea waiting for someone to come. :-/

No comments: