Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Tents and talking chickens...

I arrived in a hotel with two others (not sure who) and as we booked in, the lady that ran it told us that there was a ball that night and that all guests had to go, but not to worry because the hotel provided outfits.

She handed out two beautiful dresses to the two others - they put them on and looked stunning and glamorous.  She looked at me and frowned and said she was sorry but she only had one dress that would fit me.  She handed me something that looked like a faded green tent.

I put it on.  The design was, that there was a bit that your bust was meant to be in with a seam and gathered underneath.  This seam was meant to be under the bust.

On me, the whole thing was tight around my bust and the seam was on top of, not under, my bust - it was clearly way too small.  From the seam, the gathered material was quite thick and stiff so it didn't even hang down but stuck outwards making me look like a cross between a human tent, a christmas tree and some sort of fabric based weapon.

It is fair to say that I looked truly hideous but the lady who ran the hotel and the two people with me said it looked fine.  I could see that it didn't and I felt miserable and upset but accepting that I would have to wear it.

We all went for a walk (thankfully without the dresses) and as we were passing some shops I saw some youths sitting in my car (my mini).  I rushed over to them and started shouting and asking how they had my car but they just laughed at me so I pulled them out of the car by their hair and started to get quite violent.

I asked how they had it and they showed me that they had copies of all my keys (except theirs were gold).  I said I had only just left it in a secure hotel car park and did they work for the hotel, but a girl said that they had taken it from my home and that they'd had it a month.

I was very confused and felt very upset but took the keys and my car and went back to the hotel.

The ball had started and I knew I had to wear the dress which by now had changed colour and looked like an off white stained plastic sheet.

As I walked around I felt the most intense burning feeling of shame and embarrassment.  I wanted to disappear or become invisible and I made my way to a balcony.  There was an old man sat out there smoking.  He looked me up and down and raised his eyebrows at my dress.  I shrugged at him and he nodded.  I felt comfortable so I sat next to him and didn't speak but started humming.  He was tapping his foot in time to my humming and I put my head on his shoulder and started to cry and cry.

I suddenly decided to climb over the balcony which I did with great ease despite wearing a marquee!  Once on the ground I ran towards some woods and I discovered that I could run faster and easier than I ever would have thought possible so I ran faster and faster and seemed to be able to go miles without any problem.

I ended up abroad on a mountain range and I used the dress to camp in, thinking it had turned out to be OK in the end after all.  The tent was huge and had various mod-cons in it and also there were talking chickens living  in it.  I decided the chickens were wise and that I should stay there.


PS - Sorry I failed to make it an interesting dream yet again!

No comments: