Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 June 2011

Another Trio....

Dream one - a wedding of sorts?

I was getting married again, but as I was already married, it was more of ceremony just to confirm we still wanted to be married?  Sort of like a blessing I suppose but without any religious aspect.

I was in this house which was both in Liverpool and Talywain at the same time.   I was meant to be getting ready with a wedding dress etc, but I was faffing about and on the whole didn’t seem that keen on all the fuss.  

My mother was there and was incredibly stressed, shouting at me to hurry up and get ready as we were late.  In the end I just left the house as I was, without getting ready.  I had nothing with me (not even my phone - shock horror!) except a Yale key with a green plastic keyring.

My mother was pulling at me to walk faster and we got in a car that was parked in a lane at the back of the house.  She got in to drive (she can’t drive in really life) and tried to start the car with the Yale key.

The car did start, but it didn’t make the right noise.  It was a lighter, higher pitched version of an engine noise and when she tried to drive it, you could tell there was barely any power and we weren’t really going anywhere fast.

I went back to the house but as I walked back I was bombarded with snowballs.  I somehow knew that the people throwing them were friendly.

When I got back to the house it was a shop (like the sort you get in service stations).  There were gangs of young men plotting to steal children’s toys.

That dream ended right there. :-/


Dream two - Tribunal

Now this dream differs from any I think I have had (that I can remember) in that it is just a straightforward little story without anything too strange or surreal in it.  I can also remember it especially vividly - like a real memory rather than a dream.

Myself and my parents were sat at a tribunal.  I had a file with me.  I was aware that I was representing a disabled child whose benefits had been stopped.  The child wasn’t present.

A woman from the DWP arrived and sat beside me.  She also had a file.  The seat where the judge should sit was empty and we all sat and waited a while.  The woman to my left then announced that as both she and the judge were civil servants, in the judge’s absence, she would be making the decision.

Naturally I objected to this on the grounds that she represented the original decision maker, but she said it was tough and that she was entitled to do it.  

I said OK then what is your decision and she said that she was rejecting the appeal.  I said that she hadn’t even considered any of the facts or heard what I had to say so she asked me to put forward my case.

This is the weird bit because it is SO vivid and clear in my memory.  I opened the file and saw a photo of a severely disabled red haired girl in a wheelchair.  There were lots of notes and I was aware that I didn’t know what they said as I hadn’t read the file.

I explained that the benefits in question were outside my area of expertise, but that, had the judge been there, the judge would have applied his or her knowledge of the law to make sure the decision was fair.  I went on to say that in law, one word can make all the difference, like a ‘may’ rather than a ‘must’.

I said that the woman was not trained or an expert in law so I would not accept her as a substitute for the judge.

We then went on to talk about the little girl.  I showed her the photo.  It was just really obvious that she was very disabled and clearly needed the benefits.  I remember saying ‘OK...I’m no doctor, but then you’re no judge’.

Despite this the woman said she had made her decision and stamped a page in her file.

I said....fine - in that case I will appeal to the Upper Tribunal on a point of law, on the basis that you have no jurisdiction to make this decision.

Suddenly the woman’s demeanor changed and she backed down a bit and tried to persuade me not to appeal.  I said absolutely no chance - this is outrageously unfair - what about the right to a fair trial....the woman sank down in her chair sulking and bright red in the face and we all just sat there quietly waiting for the judge after all.

And that’s it - goodness knows what that was all about!?


Dream three - give this one your own title...

So... somehow I was creeping about in the house of commons at night and I looked through an open door to see David Cameron talking to someone else.  As I listened to the conversation it became clear that David Cameron was actually Osama Bin Laden in disguise.

I panicked and realised that I had to act fast....so I shot him!

No comments: