Total Pageviews

Friday 24 June 2011

Definitely not sweet dreams...

I was having a day out in Swansea with my friend Shan, who, in the dream, lived there. 

The city was nothing but criss crossing escalators and all we seemed to do was travel up one then down another. Over and over. 

Despite never going into any shops, we seemed to be acquiring bags. I also had sore feet and purple teeth which I was constantly trying to cover and hide. 

I had an overwhelming feeling that I was being taken in a direction I didn't want to go and the the escalators didn't like me because I used to live in Cardiff. 

Suddenly we were sat in a room that was a cross between a taxi office and a launderette. I sat on a bench seat and took my shoes off. Shan stood. There was an orange comfy seat but she insisted she'd rather stand. 

Then my Nextdoor neighbours turned up and took Shan for a tour of farm outbuildings. When she came back she was freezing but still wouldn't sit down even though the chair was now next to a log fire. 

She told me that she no longer had time to do everything as the bus was so late and that she would cook me tea if I went to the video shop for her. 

I agreed, despite not knowing where it was and decided I was old enough to find my way around London (not sure where London came into it)!

I then remembered I'd parked my car somewhere but couldn't remember where and all I could think to do was to keep shaking my phone hoping it would tell me where it was. 

It didn't work then I noticed the bus had gone and the building had closed and I was there alone in the darkness with no shoes which I was aware had been stolen. 

I went to get my phone out of my bra but it had turned into a letter saying that no one wanted to come out on a rainy night to get me. It had loads of signatures on it and at first they were all meaningless squiggles but as I stared, they turned into images of friends and people I knew. 

I had a really horrible feeling that I'd been tricked and that everyone I knew had plotted together to lock me away. I panicked and ran through the building which had become enormous but could find no way out. 

I woke up in a cold sweat with a racing heart and feeling a bit sick!  Nearest thing to a nightmare in ages :-(

No comments: