Total Pageviews

Monday 16 May 2011

M's village

My friend (M) owned a small village and I was going to visit him.  He was busy so I waited and helped out in an ice cream shop.  After a while he popped in to say hello and told me to come with him.

He took me to a room behind a Post Office and asked me to help him by wrapping a parcel.  I got so far, then I needed to check whether he wanted to include a note at all so I turned to ask him but he had gone.

I put the parcel down on top of some brown paper and next to some Sellotape.  I was very careful to place it down very neatly.  I went off for a wander and I saw M in the distance but he was older than himself and was busy talking to people.  He was wearing an odd coat that looked like it was made of inside-out old flags.

I decided to investigate the village so I walked around the corner to look in some shops and I noticed that all the money in the village had M’s photo on it but in the shape of an egg timer.  There was a jeweller’s shop which seemed to only sell dresses made of sequins.  A woman came out looking very pleased with herself.  She told me that her boss was the jeweller and that he had given her the dress she was wearing (it was a mini dress made of sequins in the pattern of the Union Flag).

Then another woman came out wearing a slightly paler version of the same dress.  Neither of them looked happy and they started fighting.  As they fought, the piece of ground they were on rose up, turned into a piece of a staircase and gradually disappeared out of sight.  It looked like a ghostly piece of escalator with no ends, just a middle.

I went back around the corner into a little arcade.  M was still there but was walking towards me.  He kissed my neck and whispered to me that if I wanted later on, he had plans for me for a couple of hours.  

He took me back to the room behind the Post Office and I was about to carry on with the parcel while he was fiddling with the computer but he got cross because he couldn’t view his friend (V’s) blip because it was attached to my friend’s name (R).

I offered to look at it and boasted that I was very good at solving problems like this, but when I turned back to the computer, I got a sarcastic keyboard message and couldn’t unlock a code.

I felt very silly then and M had to unlock it for me although I did solve the problem with the blip and we both looked at the photo which turned out to be a display of white things that weren’t actually white including tiles made of patchwork towels.

Then M disappeared again so I decided to go back to the ice cream shop but when I got there it had been burgled and sterilised and was completely empty and bare.  There were a few of us stood there and we decided that we may as well go home.  There was torrential rain outside and everything was suddenly made of glass.  I didn’t have a coat so I ended up using an artificial pot plant as a hat.

No comments: