Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 May 2011

New house?

I was watching a TV programme about buying and building houses. The subject of the programme couldn't afford the whole house so they just bought three rooms which they pushed over to separate them from the rest of the house.

The presenter explained with computer graphics, how the rooms would be horizontally split to make more rooms with low ceilings, then new rooms built around it to make it back into a complete house but retaining character!

Then I received an anonymous note which when unfolded allowed you to see real life events. A girl from work had been talking about me behind my back. Specifically she was ridiculing a lump on my finger and commenting that I had smelly feet.

I kept mentioning things to her getting less and less subtle until she realised I'd somehow heard her and sort of apologised :-/

To make up for it a load of people came to look round my house which was the house that had been on the TV programme.

The first few rooms were bare, tatty and clearly from an older house. The rest of the rooms were very random. It was a huge house with escalators in it. Many of the bedrooms had open plan kitchens in them, the halls and landings had beds and right in the centre, visible from everywhere else in the house, was a huge round brown and gold ornate bathroom.

There were sunken glass Walls which could be raised up by pressing a button and there were pink web threads which were meant to act as privacy curtains but failed.

Everyone hated the house for being too traditional and as everyone left I noticed the council was building a helter skelter around the outside of the house which was for customers to collect their takeaway doughnuts.

No comments: