Total Pageviews

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Salty...

I was in a town centre somewhere. There was someone I wanted to talk to but I couldn't because we were never on the same lines.

The road was covered in thick solid salt. It felt like compacted snow to wak on but less cold and slippy. It was crunchy underfoot.

You could only move along predetermined lines but there was no way of knowing where the lines were. You just had to walk to see. You couldn't make eye contact with anyone not on the same lines but you could see them.

The lines didn't take you far. Just back and fore on a slightly adjusted route each time over the same bit of road. Over and over again.

I could see the person I wanted to catch up with but they never looked my way. I decided if they walked and I ran I'd eventually catch up so I ran and ran back and fore in the salt encrusted road. Sometimes dodging traffic. Sometimes seeing the person but they never looked my way. In the end I saw them disappear into a bookshop and I knew I was too late.

No comments: