Total Pageviews

Saturday 28 May 2011

A holiday theme....sort of...

I'd gone on holiday and was staying in a cottage in a little village somewhere. The cottage seemed to move when you weren't looking. 

It was my turn to cook and I decided to make baked potatoes but cooking them involved burying them in fields so I went off on my bike to do this. 

I said a word which was a secret word and it summoned a man to my side. I don't know who he was but I was aware that he was important and sought after and that I was privileged because he was confiding in me. 

He went and I realised I was lost and I didn't have any details for satnav. I rang my sister who told me the cottage had moved to 'cando' (pronounced kendoor' )

I set off on my bike. One minute it was getting dark, and it was raining and I was cycling through unlit muddy fields. Then I'd take a turn and be in a vibrant town in the middle of a parade. 

Eventually I got back but someone was taking the credit for my baked potatoes and saying that opening a tin of beans had caused them workplace stress. 

I thought they were being pathetic and a right drama queen but everyone else took it very seriously and awarded her a car as compensation. 

I got cross and smashed one of the potatoes with my fist but it was hot and my hand turned into a blister. I decided to sit outside. 

My mother was out there. The cottage was now opposite a long wall with square holes every ten foot or so. Each hole had a tree poking through with things  growing on it. 

She picked a twig covered in pink blossom from the first one and told me if I put it in my hair it would improve my mood as it was happy. I did this and it worked. It made my hair feel pretty. 

The next tree had camera equipment growing on it so I picked a small camera but I couldn't use it as my right hand was a blister. 

The next tree had nieces on it so I picked my younger niece as a five year old. I really wanted a photo of us together but the camera didn't take a photo of what it should, but a few foot higher :-/

I gave up on the photo. It made me sad. The cottage had turned into a church which made me think it was Sunday and I had to get home so I found a tree of roads, picked the m4 and started to cycle home. I was aware that I only had a floaty top on and the flowers in my hair and that I'd end up on the news but I didn't care. 

No comments: